Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Oh so close...

Well, I have officially finished stitching on the curtains, they have been washed and I am ironing tonight! I'm also going to fiddle around with the old blinds and new curtain rod (stick) to get them hanging finally! I should have them up in a day or maybe two depending on how fast I can get the rod up.
I have pictures of the last embroidery that was done on the first panel. These were fun little birds to stitch up.


In anticipation of the impending final picture post I think I'll fit in sections from the 2nd curtain also in this post.

I'm so glad this center shot came out this time. I tried to use all different stitches for the "Petals" of the center flower alternating in brown and black.


This next one is really one of my favorites that I did on either side it is bright and vibrant. I only have the one picture that was really clear and great. It was also pulled from the Hex stitchalong patterns and I just love how it turned out.


I like variegated floss so much that I have started to look for reasons to use it in patterns. I had several reasons with this one; I used the greens, reds and purple variegated floss. That was fun to play with more.
I had used the variegated floss once before on this pattern that I pulled from this wonderful web site:http://www.needlenthread.com/2007/05/free-embroidery-pattern-flower.html



I just love how it looks like pastel flowery eye candy...


Mmmmm. That is all for now, I have more to post and think I'll finish this project post up tomorrow if not the following day.

1 comment:

  1. Love those little birds! I too love variegated floss, I haven't used it as much as I would like, but I love what you've done with it here.

    ReplyDelete