Saturday, June 27, 2009

Corner of flowers.

This section of the curtain took me much longer that I thought it should. It may be that I had just made the work so detailed and so monotonous. I chose 2 colors for the chain stem and the same 2 colors for the fishbone stitched leaves. The alternating of colors I think is really what took so long. I had not worked 2 colors simultaneously before.

I like how the flowers turned out on these.




The pattern is adapted from a set that I found that were again not wonderful to print but were ok to sketch onto the fabric from. I have such a habit of saving images that I love or that I want to draw from, the bad part of that is that I often forget where I found them at. Click to see larger images.
I drew the image from a pattern adapted from this set:

No comments:

Post a Comment