Friday, July 24, 2009

Just for fun~

After that monster curtain project I was sitting with bunches of floss that were not bad, but that I did not bother to wind back onto each bobbin. So I started doodling, and I found it very relaxing.

First the wip~

Then the finished product~

And now more close shots than were most likely needed~
I like the little pear that I tossed in there- this was my first time doing a whipped chain stitch and I think I love it.

This was the first time that I played with Bullion stitches, they were tricky at first but I found them to be a neat experience and I keep thinking that now I need to find a pattern and add cat tails to it.

I also love the chance to just play with the stitches and try things that normally I may not just because it does not fit into the pattern.

I have a new Wip that I'm making for my cubicle at work... I'll post shots later this weekend I think as long as time allows~ these images should allow clicking for larger sizes.
Have a great weekend!
>^_^<

18 comments:

  1. Wow, I saw this on craftster it looks totally amazing, such skills, wonderful work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stitches and I LOVE all the colors together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi, wonderful piece, but i cant find the pear and its driving me crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so colourful and so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow. I saw this on Craftster- amazing

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I also found you via Craftster. Great work! I also love the curtain. I don't think I will have the patience for such a big project though. Is it all your own designs?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely doodle!
    I must go back to your curtains. What a patience!
    PS : I like your dog too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh boy! A new blog to follow! Your work is beautiful - I love the way the colors all flow into one another. I found you at Mr. X-Stitch and at Craftster. I'm joining your site!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just happened to stumble upon your blog and was awesomely struck by the colors and the way this doodle was done. Very impressive! I was going thru almost each stitch that was done on teh doodle tryign to recognise them, especially since I am working on a stitch tutorial project myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found you on stumble upon. Oh this is gorgeous, stunning freestyle embroidery. Can I link to this post?

    ReplyDelete
  11. "I found you on stumble upon. Oh this is gorgeous, stunning freestyle embroidery. Can I link to this post?"

    You most certainly may.

    "hi, wonderful piece, but i cant find the pear and its driving me crazy!!!"

    It's hanging from the Green tree like vine- my husband thinks it is too pointy for a pear but I still see a pear when I look at it!

    I am just thrilled that you all like it! Thank you for you encouraging comments
    >^_^<

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous!!! Found you via the link of kamal kadai. Thanks for the mention :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh Ms. Kitty, I am in love!! Love, love, love this piece. I do a bit of this myself, but buttons and beads are where it is at for me. I think you are the bomb!!! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Amazing work! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I saw this on a January post @ Mr X Stitch and just wanted to say how absolutely amazing it is! I love the idea of doodle embroidery - did you draw it first or just make it up as you embroidered? It's lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lindo, lindo, lindo! Quero aprender a fazer! Um abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow your work is amazing!! I embroidered a lot when I was a teen, and have been thinking about starting again, and teaching my young daughter. Your work is inspirational!!! Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Amazing work. Can I teach to other stitching ladies?

    Kate

    ReplyDelete