Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Now the last bit about the curtians...

These flowers ended up being one of my favorite parts of these curtains.

It's called Kamal kadai-Indian Embroidery and I saw it on Deepa's Blog: http://deepashome.blogspot.com/2008/06/kamal-kadai-indian-embroidery.html
She has all kinds of interesting techniques and styles to learn and pull from.

I just love this technique. It is so simple to set up and creates such a lovely effect for the flowers and just really adds a 3-D quality to the work.
For the stem I used basic chain stitch. And the leaves is Roumanian stitch in 2 colors of floss, 2 strands light green 1 strand the same color green as the stem.

Aside from pulling the flower technique this was my own design. YAY!

I bought the variegated pink-orange (I think Tropicana when I look at it) floss wondering what on earth I was going to do with it. Then it hit me that it would make lovely flowers.

And...
It's my silly dog. Why she would rather lay there than anywhere else? I may never know.

But this made me giggle so I grabbed my camara.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful flowers! I too have a thing for variegated floss, and am always looking for ways to use it, I think part of it is the surprise of how things turn out with it.

    Silly doggy :)

    ReplyDelete