Saturday, June 13, 2009

So I have these curtains

I've been working on kitchen curtains and they have taken quite some time. I've posted finished parts in Crafster and also in Flickr, I am creating this blog to post the final project in detail and so that I can re-photograph all of the finished parts without re-posting in those forums completely.

In all these have taken around 2 years to come to a completion. Hours upon hours have gone into them and I have learned so many new stitches and techniques on my journey. As I near completion I still feel that they are not quite done and I have the desire to continue without a plan but I think that I will just wash them, hang them in the window and just live with them and enjoy them for a while.. Let them soak in if you will.
For me this is an epic project and really making a family heirloom that I hope will be kept if for no other reason than the work that was involved in the creation.

And now I have a small Work in progress shot to share on the final part of the curtain that needs stitching once finished with this section I'm going to wash them, iron them and photograph them (using a better borrowed camera) for posting.


They are already more simple than I originally planned but I love these pretty little flowers all the same.

2 comments:

  1. I just found your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing all the embroidery that you do. Two years on one project, I'd probably forget where I put it in that time!

    ReplyDelete